A St Totteringham's Day Diary.
More InfoList of every St
Totteringham's since the first on 22nd April 1911.
page, including detail on 2003/4 to 2010/11
of St T's day and some acknowledgements
of the history of St Totteringham's
I should probably add some.
An RSS feed...
This is an RSS feed of changes to this
page so you can watch it in your favourite blog reader.
Mostly written by Mike Pitt. You can contact me by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Nice
comments only please.
I'm also @sttottsday on twitter.
Original material © Mike Pitt 2004, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
St Totteringham's Day is the day when Arsenal fans celebrate the fact
that Tottenham can no longer catch Arsenal in the League. It is a
movable feast, but usually falls in March, April or May. It is the day
to collect on bets made by over-optimistic Spurs fans in the close
season who think that "this is the year".
See the links on the left for more information.
Sat, 24 Sep 2016
Well... I didn't see that one coming.
Writing at half-time we lead 3-0. I won't post this until full time mind you, but a great first half.
Now, six games is way too early to draw any conclusions, but...
The opening six games for Spurs has seen them unbeaten:
Meanwhile we have...
- Two draws against teams in the top six (Everton and Liverpool)
- Four wins against Sunderland (bottom), Stoke City (second bottom), Middlesborough (15th) and Palace (ok, they are doing well in 7th...)
- Lost to Liverpool.
- Drawn with Leicester. I think this will look like a bad result this season. I could be wrong.
- Four wins against Hull (12th), Watford (10th), Chelsea (8th) and Southampton (surprisingly low).
So what conclusions can we draw after six games when we are 1 point apart?
- That there are 32 games to go,
- Spurs unbeaten status faces much tougher tests,
- The only match we have in common (Liverpool at home) saw Spurs do better, and
- Clearly both teams are in the hunt for the top four again.
To be honest I don't think this post does much other than say "I'm still here!"...
Share this story: