I've spent quite a bit of time playing with, looking after, taking to bits and reassembling (particularly reassembling) Acorn A4 laptops. Hopefully the following information should be of use to others working with them.
- Dismantling the A4 base as far as the motherboard
- Removing the screen and replacing the LCD panel
- LCD panel data
- Using the A4 LCD panel on an A7000 board
- The Triumph Alder Walkstation: a PC in an A4 case.
- Motherboard pictures
- The keyboard membrane
- DIY Ethernet card
- Common faults
- 'Frequently' asked questions
- Offsite: Technical Reference Manual
- Offsite: Circuit diagrams
- Occasional A4 blog
For repair information on other laptops, try repair4laptop.org.
Page by Theo Markettos (email at theo [at@] markettos.org.uk), last modified 2008-11-05
Return to Theo's RISC OS pages.