Unsecured wifi might be contributory negligence

Mark Lomas ukcrypto at absent-minded.com
Fri Feb 17 18:45:45 GMT 2012

Ladder keepers might fall prey to the doctrine of 'attractive nuisance'.
You have a duty to protect children against the dangers of anything they
may find attractive but not recognise as dangerous.

Originally the danger itself needed to be attractive (e.g. a swimming
pool), but I understand that some jurisdictions now consider any unguarded
danger to be an attractive nuisance.

In particular, a warning sign may be considered inadequate protection,
especially if the child is too young to read it.