not-systemd status in Bullseye?

Matthew Vernon matthew at debian.org
Mon Mar 16 16:21:54 GMT 2020

On 15/03/2020 21:01, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi Matthew.
>
> Matthew Vernon - 15.03.20, 21:52:33 CET:

>> root at matkustaja:/tmp# apt-get --download-only install sysvinit-core
>> elogind
> […]
>> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>>    colord dbus-user-session gvfs gvfs-daemons libnss-systemd
>> libpam-systemd libsystemd0 light-locker lightdm network-manager
>> network-manager-gnome packagekit packagekit-tools plymouth
>> plymouth-label policykit-1 policykit-1-gnome rtkit
>>    synaptic systemd systemd-sysv task-xfce-desktop udisks2 xiccd
>> The following NEW packages will be installed:
>>    elogind initscripts insserv libelogind0 startpar sysv-rc
>> sysvinit-core 0 upgraded, 7 newly installed, 24 to remove and 0 not
>> upgraded. Need to get 1,342 kB of archives.
>> After this operation, 52.2 MB disk space will be freed.
>> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
>
> Did you try the boot with "init=/bin/bash" thing?

Not yet, no - I wanted to have apt download the relevant packages (and
to eyeball its proposed solution) - I'm not sure I'll have useful wifi
with bash as init. I don't think that will change the dependency issues
(though I'm aware I'll have to be running not-systemd to be able to
remove it).

Regards,

Matthew