Elogind v239.1 Devuan/Debian combined source

Mark Hindley mark at hindley.org.uk
Tue Nov 13 18:35:54 GMT 2018

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 03:54:59PM +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
> I have just had a (small) breakthrough with this. Using a new version of polkit-1 0.115
> (experimental + 1 patch[1]) compiled against our new elogind tree, lightdm and
> cinnamon, I can now shutdown and reboot the VM from the desktop. Combinations
> with slim and xfce don't work at the moment. Thanks to Svante for the pointer.

I should add one further change I have had to make, which now has it all working
on slim and xfce as well:

 ln -s /lib/DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH/security/pam_elogind.so /lib/DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH/security/pam_systemd.so

I know there may be howls about why this is a bad idea (we are back to the
should libpam_elogind provide libpam_systemd discussion). But it is the only way
I have come up with to join the bits up. Maybe somebody else has a better
suggestion?

It could go in the -compat package which would no longer produce an empty binary
package!

Mark