Elogind v239.1 Devuan/Debian combined source

Andreas Messer andi at bastelmap.de
Tue Nov 13 19:01:32 GMT 2018

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 06:35:54PM +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 03:54:59PM +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
> > I have just had a (small) breakthrough with this. Using a new version of polkit-1 0.115
> > (experimental + 1 patch[1]) compiled against our new elogind tree, lightdm and
> > cinnamon, I can now shutdown and reboot the VM from the desktop. Combinations
> > with slim and xfce don't work at the moment. Thanks to Svante for the pointer.
>
> I should add one further change I have had to make, which now has it all working
> on slim and xfce as well:
>
>  ln -s /lib/DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH/security/pam_elogind.so /lib/DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH/security/pam_systemd.so

Ah, sorry. So probably you did not enable pam_elogind module? You should
not link like that. Modules should be loaded by PAM as defined
per config /etc/pam.

The problem here is, that only one of pam_systemd or pam_elogind can be
active at a time. (If one is active, the other will detect this and not
work)

On devuan "debian/libpam-elogind.postinst" together with
with debian/extra/pam-configs will automatically activate
libpam_elogind.so in PAM when installed. But when libpam_systemd.so was
available before, this automatic activation might fail.

It can be manually activated with command "pam-auth-update"

You can check /etc/pam/common-session after installing libpam-elogind
it should have a line "session optional libpam_elogind.so" and not any of
- "session optional libpam_systemd.so" or
- "session optional libpam_consolekit.so"

cheers,
Andreas

--
gnuPG keyid: 8C2BAF51
fingerprint: 28EE 8438 E688 D992 3661 C753 90B3 BAAA 8C2B AF51