NHS Number

Peter Tomlinson pwt at iosis.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 16:56:49 GMT 2011

Well, in late 2006 we were going to start on a 15 year programme to
cross reference the IPS (ultimately it would be the ID card) database
and the NI database (and have a new, common biometric database), and I
never heard mention of the NHS database being involved - but last year I
heard that DWP had become merely a client of Home Office . Now we have
the G-digital programme, jointly run by Directgov (part of Cabinet
Office) and DoH, which appears to be intending to use bank cards for
secure online identification (eID)...

I'm sure that that doesn't help...

Peter