Bug#1146047: Xorg fails to get its own session

Mark Hindley mark at hindley.org.uk
Mon Aug 31 10:39:54 BST 2026


Control: tags -1 pending

On Mon, Aug 31, 2026 at 08:33:25AM +0100, Abasileuton Ltd wrote:
> > In the first instance, I wonder if the changes to
> > manager_get_session_by_pidref() are misplaced. Reverting them to
> > elogind
> > upstream at least passes a compile test. I'll have to set up a test
> > environment. But you might want to try the attached patch.
> 
> I tested your changes
> and can confirm that they work.

Great, thanks.

> This hashtable is not being updated at all
> by elogind as it currently stands
> and, therefore, is completely useless.
> Any code that were to use it, would cause a bug like this.
> 
> Please see attached my suggested patch.

Yes, I'll drop the changes to logind.h as well.

Thanks for your help and such a clear bug report.

Upload pending.

Mark



More information about the Debian-init-diversity mailing list