Bug#1146047: Xorg fails to get its own session
Abasileuton Ltd
contact at abasileuton.com
Mon Aug 31 08:33:25 BST 2026
> In the first instance, I wonder if the changes to
> manager_get_session_by_pidref() are misplaced. Reverting them to
> elogind
> upstream at least passes a compile test. I'll have to set up a test
> environment. But you might want to try the attached patch.
I tested your changes
and can confirm that they work.
I had not suggested this option,
because I thought that the changes
in manager_get_session_by_pidref
were required to be compatible with libsystemd0.
But now I had a look at the code,
and I don't think that's the case;
it seems all is good.
However, I would suggest removing a bit more code
just to try and avoid this type of bug.
Recall I said that a hashtable was always empty.
I mistakenly said it was "returned" by cg_pidref_get_unit.
Actually, the hashtable is in the "Manager" argument
of manager_get_session_by_pidref.
This hashtable is not being updated at all
by elogind as it currently stands
and, therefore, is completely useless.
Any code that were to use it, would cause a bug like this.
Please see attached my suggested patch.
Regards,
B.R.S. Roso,
Abasileuton Ltd.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: elogind.diff
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 1568 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pipermail/debian-init-diversity/attachments/20260831/76ddea4c/attachment.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 260 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
URL: <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pipermail/debian-init-diversity/attachments/20260831/76ddea4c/attachment.sig>
More information about the Debian-init-diversity
mailing list