sid trouble

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 13 16:44:53 BST 2019

On 2019-08-13 at 09:57, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> today’s dist-upgrade wants to remove libvirt because the latest
> src:policykit-1 upload is no longer compatible with my
> policykit-1-without-systemd package, so I guessed switching to
> elogind is now necessary.

I'm guessing this is because of the libvirt-daemon-system dependency on
policykit-1?

states that the former works just fine without the latter, and

has a comment from someone who just removed that dependency locally (via
editing /var/lib/dpkg/status, which seems suboptimal but apparently
works) and hasn't reported any problems.

So you might be able to resolve this without addressing logind at all,
just at the policykit-1 level.

(I'm interested in seeing that whole situation resolved myself, since I
want a replacement for virtualbox and virt-manager seems like the best
bet, but it doesn't seem to Just Work to even a minimal level without
libvirt-daemon-system.)

--
   The Wanderer