Addressing more sysvinit bugs

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Nov 6 12:47:51 GMT 2018

Jesse Smith writes ("Re: Addressing more sysvinit bugs"):
> When would sysvinit-2.92 need to be released in order to be included in
> Buster? I know Debian has its own sequence to go through to get a new
> package from Unstable into Testing.

Doing things at the last minute is not really adviseable: we would
risk missing the boat.

I would like to point out that we do have the option of uploading an
unreleased snapshot of to-be-2.92 to Debian whenever we like.  We can
follow it up with the final release if we want.  Whether that is a
good idea depends on the current state of the upstream branch and
whether changes are likely before an official 2.92 upstream release.

Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.