Peter Howkins has a site to do interactive comparisons of module versions. This is much better than my site, so I suggest you visit his site instead of mine since it provides more information. I'll keep this page up, but won't be updating it.
I'm trying to set up an index of the modules in each release of RISC OS, an operating system written by Acorn and RISCOS Ltd, and its variants. The purpose of this is to help software authors know exactly which module version is present in each release, which will help in debugging software on machines they do not have access to, and make writing patches for these modules easier.
The index as it stands is below:
- Arthur 1.20 supplied by Ben Harris
- RISC OS 2.00 supplied by Ben Harris
- RISC OS 2.01 supplied by Chris Whytehead
- RISC OS 3.10
- RISC OS 3.11 supplied by Jakob Olesen
- RISC OS 3.50 supplied by Malcolm Boura
- RISC OS 3.60
- RISC OS 3.70 supplied by Chris Poole
- RISC OS 3.71 supplied by Chris Whytehead
- RISC OS 3.80 supplied by Matthias Seifert
- RISC OS 4.02 supplied by Andy Bourne
- RISC OS 4.03 (Kinetic version) supplied by Daniel Barron
- RISC OS 4.03 (Mico version) supplied by Mathias Seifert
- RISC OS 4.03 (RiscStation version) supplied by Matthias Seifert
- NCOS 0.10
- NCOS 1.06 supplied by Richard Walker
- NCOS 1.15 supplied by Alan Wrigley
- NCOS 2.00 (BOCA STB) supplied by Peter Howkins
- acTiVe 3.0.0 supplied by Gareth Babb
If you have machines with versions other than those above, I'd welcome any more contributions, especially less common versions such as RISC OS 3.12, early Arthur, NCOS, Bush STB and Select. To produce a list, access the command line and type (pressing RETURN after each one):
and send the resulting file to me (before any Acorn gurus tell me there are better ways to send output to file, I know - this is the only one that I know will work on Arthur).
Page by Theo Markettos (email at theo [at@] markettos.org.uk), last modified 2003-10-07
Return to RISC OS pages.