- Set the MAC address reported by the OS for a network interface using LD_PRELOAD.
- Manipulate processes using ptrace. Includes examples retronohup and redirectfd.
- Ever had messages from 'wall' that were delivered hours
late? This may be due to an obscure bug in the linux tty driver
code. This page includes a demonstration program and kernel patches
for this bug.
- Replacement for the netcat program. Uses non-blocking I/O, has
better error detection and handles half-open connections.
- Tools to help you extract data from the failed RAID5 array.
- Recovery of data from a large USB disk.
- A SunRPC packet decoder indended to reveal more about what rpc
attacks are current. Decodes what it can, hex dumps the rest.
- A short article on Unix security.
- Redirect connections to a SOCKS4 proxy.
- Install Red Hat Linux onto your net4501 computer.
- LD_PRELOAD wrapper to turn vfork() into fork().
- Remote load monitoring client and server. A lightweight server
monitors the load, memory and number of processes, and an X client displays
Peter Benie <firstname.lastname@example.org>