This page will eventually contain all a fairly random assortment of things related to Taruithorn (the Oxford Tolkien Society). Currently, what's up consists of some recent photographs, a photograph of our
malbenevolent leader, Lord Morgoth (NB: that version is 3MB; Morgy also comes in small and regular sizes), and some song-book related stuff:
- The main Tolkien Songbook, to which various old members of the society (and many people we've never met) contributed, and which I make no claim to own; some of the contents are older than I am!
- Music by Christine Gaca for the "Song of Galadriel", which the Tolkien Songbook PDF mentions but doesn't actually contain. This music is now available here.
- The all new Taruithorn songbook: Morgy's Marches, which includes various songs written by members of the society and an assortment of more-or-less traditional others that are merely sung by them. This includes a fair number of the songs from the Tolkien Songbook, and also the songs I and others wrote for the 2006 Angband banquet. It's currently available in PDF, Openoffice document and (cough, spit) MS Word formats. The PDF is formated for printing as a booklet, and the Openoffice version is the master from which the others are produced.
- A songsheet containing various filks written by Kathryn Muirhead, Peggy Brett and yours truly for the Angband banquet
- and some proposed verses for "the Angband Steward's Stores" (to the tune of "the quartermaster's stores"
There will be more (including, but not limited to) all my old photographs, just as soon as I have a spare tuit....
Page created by Chris Joseph
Original creation date: 5 March 2006
All site contents are © Chris Joseph, 2001-2006, unless stated otherwise.