Interesting article about NSA facility and capabilities

Paul Walker paul at blacksun.org.uk
Tue Mar 27 12:01:15 BST 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:16:49AM +0100, Roland Perry wrote:

> Does anyone encrypt email, SMTP email that is, rather than picking up from
> https://mail.google.com

>From rummaging through Exim logs, most of my TLS sessions are with Google
servers or the SMTP servers of the company I work for. However, Google seem
to be providing SMTP service for quite a lot of other companies now, so even
then it's still cover.

(I have Exim set to encrypt where possible - if nothing else increasing the
amount of encrypted traffic can't be a bad thing.)

--
Paul

Tradition is a guide and not a jailer. -- W. Somerset Maugham