latest plans to monitor internet use in the UK

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Jun 15 17:41:04 BST 2012

In article <61E52F3A5532BE43B0211254F13883AE09F70FCE at EXC001>, Andrew
Cormack <Andrew.Cormack at ja.net> writes
>I'd noticed the absence of "public". Actually as far as I can see the definition of "telecommunications providers" covers pretty much every
>organisation in the land (and most homes too). No idea whether it's deliberate (could it just be a cut'n'paste from the RIPA access powers?)

Apologies, I was thinking of Ch1. As you correctly remind me, Ch2 of
RIPA has always said:

        "...where it appears to the designated person that a postal or
        telecommunications operator is or may be in possession of, or be
        capable of obtaining, any communications data..."