Unsecured wifi might be contributory negligence

Mary Hawking maryhawking at tigers.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 21:49:59 GMT 2012

Does this apply to private users?
Suppose an OAP comes on the internet and does not realise that there is a
way to secure the WiFi router (or does not realise it *is* wifi - and
junior-next-door uses it - will the OAP be held liable?
If so, will the Internet Provider have failed in its Duty of Care (if it has
any)?

Mary Hawking
"thinking - independent thinking - is to humans as swimming is to cats: we
can do it if we really have to."  Mark Earles on Radio 4.
and don't forget patients like Fred!
http://primaryhealthinfo.wordpress.com/2011/12/11/fred-and-his-dog-an-update
/