Does the US have juristriction over the whole world?

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sun Nov 27 21:30:26 GMT 2011

* Ian Mason:

> The difference between UK and US approaches is that UK law only
> applies extraterritorially to UK subjects or to persons "owing a duty
> to the crown".

Compelling a UK subsidiary of a foreign company to produce evidence
for use in a UK court does not look very extraterritorial to me.
Globalization cuts both ways, there are increased opportunities and
responsibilities.

I think you actually want this because otherwise, UK companies with
local ownership are at a competitive disadvantage.