nationwide interception of Facebook & webmail logincredentials in Tunisia

James Firth james2 at
Mon Feb 7 11:05:15 GMT 2011

Nicholas Bohm wrote:
> On 07/02/2011 10:43, Brian Morrison wrote:
> >
> > Not the foundation for much trust at all I'd say.
> I think certificates have made it all much harder to understand.
> I find it relatively straightforward to consider trusting a signature

Signatures are not hierarchical - at least not explicitly.

Electronic certificates are, which makes them very useful in a structured
organisation like government or corporation but very little use in a social
setting, where trust and influence follows more of a matrix structure than a

James Firth