Reporting scam emails to Met Police

Peter Sommer peter at pmsommer.com
Sun Dec 4 16:33:14 GMT 2011

On 04/12/2011 14:15, Peter Tomlinson wrote:
> Is the mere act of sending a phishing or other scam email a criminal
> offence? If so, we ought to be able to report it through actionfraud,
> but it appears that they don't want that.

Fraud Act, 2006, s 2:  "fraud by false representation"

Part of the problem at the moment that PCeCU, SOCA e-crime and the City
of London Police all claim jurisdiction over these offences - it is this
confusion that the new government strategy is supposed to overcome.
However all that is being said is that there will be a consolidation,
not how it will be achieved.

Peter Sommer