Bank signatures - not crypto

Nicholas Bohm nbohm at ernest.net
Sun Aug 22 10:50:29 BST 2010

 On 22/08/2010 08:33, Mary Hawking wrote:

> Sorry to ask this here, but can anyone tell me how banks are supposed
> to acquire specimen signatures for cheques or point me to any relevant
> URLs?

I think this is a matter of banking practice rather than law, and I
doubt whether it is touched by regulations (except perhaps tangentially
by anti-money-laundering rules about "identifying" customers).

The place to look would be one of the professional bankers' educational
books - I've long forgotten most of their titles (I remember "Byles on
Bills", but it's probably irrelevant even if it could be found).