Being safe on the internet (was Re: Here we go again - ISP DPI, but is it interception?)

Ian Batten igb at batten.eu.org
Tue Aug 10 22:43:55 BST 2010

On 10 Aug 2010, at 20:43, Tom Thomson wrote:
> Bracknell ...  Kidsgrove ...  West Gorton ... Dalkeith

With the exception of the last, all of them part of the psycho-
geography of Fujitsu (as inheritors of ICL) up until recently.
Bracknell's still there, with the former machine room now a staging
area for shipping equipment.  Kidsgrove and West Gorton I think closed
recently (I went to West Gorton in its dying days).  I think you've
also mentioned Stevenage, which is still there.

My experience also was that if you wanted anything done in Fujitsu
Services, a good place to start was an ex-ICL guy.   Hindsight allows
one to see the inevitability of the demise, but still, lots of good
guys.

ian