[Debian-uk] BBQ at Steve's house

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Tue Aug 23 14:09:32 BST 2016

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 05:34:55PM +0530, Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I arrive after a long flight in London on 28th, so I plan to take a bit
>of rest on 28th at my hotel in Uxbridge near London and leave early
>morning to Cambridge on 29th by National Rail from Kings Cross (KGX) to
>Cambridge (CBG).
>
>From CBG, I plan to take a taxi to Steve's address listed on the wiki
>page. I am planning to reach there on 29th morning by around 8.30-9.00.
>Until what time do you folks planning to hang out? When should I plan to
>return? There seem to be a lot of trains between London and Cambridge.
>This is my first time to Cambridge and first time to a large Debian
>gathering like this, though I had been a DD since 2001! Very excited and
>hoping to meet you all!

Hi Ramakrishnan,

We're looking forwards to meeting you too, but 9am on a Bank Holiday
Monday is likely to be too early for most people to be up and about!
If you head over for ~11am or so that's more likely to work. :-)

There'll be a range folks around until early evening, I guess (maybe
7pm or so), but we'll be trying to encourage people to not stay too
late beyond that so we can try and get the house back to normal
etc. There's lots of train options back to London, and if you ask
nicely you'll probably even get a lift back to the station with
somebody.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there