[Debian-uk] [Debconf-discuss] Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Sat Apr 9 19:27:37 BST 2011

Joachim Breitner writes ("Re: [Debconf-discuss] Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge"):
> When you say Munich - Zagreb, you refer to the same train as Thomas
> does, when talking about Munich - Novska, right? According to the data
> on http://wiki.earth.li/DebconfTravel2011, there is not a suitable train
> connection to Zagreb to Banja Luka (13 minutes is not enough after a
> night train).

Yes, I think that may be the one I mean.  I haven't thought about it
in detail because I won't be on it :-).

> Thomas, do you already try to find out there is a way (e.g. a bus) [...]

I see we have answers from Joachim, thanks.

> On the way back, Ian's choice of trains suit me perfectly from Banja
> Luka until Munich. Ian, will you book for everyone joining, so that we
> are sure to share one compartment? This would be doubly convenient for
> me as I am traveling in India on May 1st and could not book myself until
> later.

Yes, I would be happy to book from Banja Luka to Munich for anyone
that would like to join us.  I intend to book the sleeper from Zagreb
when bookings open and buy the local train ticket much closer to the
time.

I will ask Deutsche Bahn whether it is likely to be easy/possible/
difficult/expensive to change a booking from Zagreb to one from
Okucani, since if we can find suitable local road transport from Banja
Luka to Okucani that may be preferable to taking the train to Zagreb -
mostly because the Zagreb connection is 1h and I'm not sure how
reliable the local train is.

Ian.