Upgrade Bullseye to Bookworm, and getting of rid of systemd?

Ottavio Caruso ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 14:34:31 BST 2023

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 at 02:20, Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser at tarent.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
>
> >Note that upgrading to Bookworm will force UsrMerge on you if you don't
> >pin it away first. That may or may not bother you, but I don't want to
> >touch it until it's no longer breaking dpkg, however that comes about.
>
> Then stick to bullseye for now. It’s not a “supported” scenario in
> bookworm and there’s very likely to be breakage already, at latest
> in bookworm-backports there *will* be.
>
> I know I do. I converted all my sid systems to bullseye before the
> beginning of the bullseye cycle.
>
> To the OP: ideally, you first do usrmerge (if you’re using the pak‐
> kage) since that’s what They test, then get rid of systemd, then do
> the upgrade. I’d not entangle the UsrMove switch with the upgrade,
> if at all possible.

Should I get rid of systemd before or after installing sysv-init-core?

It would also be nice to have a tutorial to what are the replacements
after systemd is gone. The only thing I found was on the Devuan site:

https://www.devuan.org/os/documentation/install-guides/chimaera/bullseye-to-chimaera.html
https://www.devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/en/minimal-xfce-install.html

--
Ottavio Caruso