[gitlab at salsa.debian.org: Re: debhelper | dh_installinit: Remove the executable bits on package removal / dh_installsystemd: No longer mask system units on package removal (!90)]

Lorenzo plorenzo at disroot.org
Mon Oct 3 20:55:05 BST 2022

Hi,

On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 12:21:28 +0100
Mark Hindley <mark at hindley.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just received this from salsa as I was mentioned.
>
> It appears Michael is suggesting updating dh_installinit to remove
> the x bit from an initscript when a package is removed.

I see this change is an improvement and I think it will help support
init-diversity although the benefit goes mostly to users of other init
systems (systemd, runit, openrc).
Besides the "shadowing" reason mentioned in the MR, it makes also
possible to do accurate heuristics based on sysvinit scritps to
detect which service is installed and which one is not.

Lorenzo