sysvinit_2.96-2.2_source.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

Adam Borowski kilobyte at angband.pl
Thu Mar 19 22:58:37 GMT 2020

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 10:24:53PM +0000, Debian FTP Masters wrote:
> Accepted:

>  sysvinit (2.96-2.2) unstable; urgency=medium
>  .
>    * Non-maintainer upload.
>    * Drop 'Essential: yes' from sysvinit-utils (Closes: #851747)

WTF.

Could you please re-read the Developer's Reference, the section on doing
NMUs?  While there are cases when small, helpful changes are not worth the
full machinery, one that introduces (rather than fixes) a severity:critical
bug ("breaks unrelated packages") is definitely not there.

And, both Thorsten and me just told you to not rush.

Fortunately, there was an upload race (one of the things that the NMU rules
prevent) and -3 wins over -2.2 thus we won't have to revert.  But still...

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ in the beginning was the boot and root floppies and they were good.