Response to active removal of initscripts

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Fri Jul 3 17:01:11 BST 2020

On Fri, 3 Jul 2020, Lorenzo wrote:

> i will have a mypackage.triggers file with 50 line triggers with path to
> executables.

Yes.

> When there is a change in one executable that is watched by my triggers
> file, how do
> I know which executable is among the 50?

You don’t need that. You’d have to go through all to see which
are installed and executable and set up the initscripts for them.

This is called when someone runs dpkg-reconfigure, too, so it’s
generally necessary to be robust and just scan the current system
configuration.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
«MyISAM tables -will- get corrupted eventually. This is a fact of life. »
“mysql is about as much database as ms access” – “MSSQL at least descends