Response to active removal of initscripts

Lorenzo plorenzo at disroot.org
Fri Jul 3 16:56:28 BST 2020

On 03/07/20 11:06, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jul 2020, Tito wrote:
>
>> Can't we hijack systemctl?
> No, but what about using triggers on the executables,
> the trivial solution?
>
> bye,
> //mirabilos
Hi Thorsten,

I'm missing something for sure about triggers:

let's say i have a "mypackage" with 50 initscripts: named triggers are
not an option

if we assume that the maintainer that removed the initscript is not
cooperative, so

i will have a mypackage.triggers file with 50 line triggers with path to
executables.

When there is a change in one executable that is watched by my triggers
file, how do

I know which executable is among the 50?

How do I know if a change in an executable path happens because an
install or because

a remove/purge, or upgrade?

Lorenzo