eudev: Was Re: Runit adoption and sponsorship

Svante Signell svante.signell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 13:28:46 GMT 2020

On Fri, 2020-01-10 at 13:56 +0100, Lorenz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I intend to adopt the runit package as soon as it will be listed as orphaned.
> I have some history of contribution in runit but I'm not DD nor DM, so I will
> need a sponsor (by the way it will be mainly shell scripting).
> It's important for me to understand if I can expect some support and
> sponsorship from this list or if I should start looking somewhere else.

I'm about to package eudev for Debian, see #765971. I've just released version
3.2.9-3 for Devuan Ceres/unstable, soon to be merged to Beowulf/testing. I do
also need a sponsor for that packaging.

(Another wild idea is to package Shepherd from Guix for Debian. That work is
still only in the planning phase).