Elogind v239.1 Devuan/Debian combined source

Mark Hindley mark at hindley.org.uk
Fri Nov 16 17:00:07 GMT 2018

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 04:50:10PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Mark Hindley writes ("Re: Elogind v239.1 Devuan/Debian combined source"):
> > >
> > > What exactly do you mean by `recompiled against elogind' ?  Do you
> > > mean `with libelogind-dev installed alongside libsystemd-dev' ?
> >
> > Yes, for the build and then producing separate packages targeting elogind and
> > systemd.
>
> I am confused.  If it produced separate packages, you must have made
> some change to the source as well.

Well just the pacakging. Configure twice with different options into different
builddirectories and then pacakge the results where you want them.

> Is it not possible to do this without generating multiple alternative
> policykit packages ?

I couldn't find a way so far. Neither could Devuan when they went though this.

> I looked at this commit in that tree:
>    https://github.com/markhindley/polkit/commit/bc36c6a3a3514fd4215fb7d2ccb8a633a01e4149
> and I worry that the Debian policykit maintainers won't like it very
> much.
>
> Sorry if I am being dense.

No, I am probably not being clear.

I have to go out now. If it still doesn't make sense, I will try to be clearer
later.

Mark