ICR "Unique Identifiers"

Andrew Cormack Andrew.Cormack at jisc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 4 18:15:51 GMT 2015

Drafting of that definition is awful. From the context of the draft Bill I'd presumed ICRs were full URLs! If NAT/DHCP logs, then why the additional limits on access/use in c47(4)?

BTW, has anyone compared+contrasted clause 51(1)(b) with clause 1(1) of the Comms Data Bill? From a quick look I can't see anything in today's Bill that limits what a "filtering arrangement" might be, so long as it "facilitates the obtaining of communications data". If there really are no statutory limits, that purpose could stretch a *lot* wider than the "API to ISP logging systems" that I've seen mentioned on Twitter. Might a duty to use weak/backdoor crypto, even, be covered by "facilitating the obtaining of communications data"?

Andrew