Scrambling for Safety: X

Adam McGreggor adam at amyl.org.uk
Fri Dec 11 17:28:47 GMT 2015

Forwarding on from Julian Huppert and Ross…

( for those who Lanyrd, there's also
http://lanyrd.com/2016/scrambling-for-safety-x )

Dear all,

I am delighted to announce the 10th Scrambling for Safety Conference,
where we will discuss the draft Investigatory Powers Bill.

Co-organised by Ross Anderson and myself, on behalf of FIPR and the
Policy Institute at Kings, this will be a key opportunity not just for
discussion but to influence what happens to the future of surveillance
in the UK and broader.

It will be from 1:30-5:30 on Thursday 7th January, at the Safra
Lecture Theatre on the Strand, WC2R 2LS. As a bonus incentive, there
will be free coffee from 1.

We have an exciting range of speakers from NGOs, academia, policy
makers, tech companies and more, and a number of Parliamentarians will
be coming for some or all of the time as well.

So if you care about the IP Bill, state surveillance, security,
privacy or technology, please do come along.

You can register for free tickets (Thanks to the Joseph Rowntree
Reform Trust) at
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/scrambling-for-safety-2015-tickets-19952775288

Please also pass this on to your networks and anyone else who may be
interested.

P.S. This is a crucial opportunity to shape the debate and make a
difference - but tickets are limited. Sign up now at
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/scrambling-for-safety-2015-tickets-19952775288

--
Yorkshire Water has been deluged by a flood of complaints
following its poor handling of the drought