BBCR4 on Crypto-wars today at 13:30

Peter Tomlinson pwt at iosis.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 09:09:54 GMT 2014

I didn't see that Newsnight segment, unfortunately, but did read the
article and then listen to the BBC R4 program. Its now available online at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03xzyy5

and I found that it reported on the USA battle: NSA v the people.

I would appreciate any informed comment about accuracy of the program,
plus a view from this side of the pond. (I was during the 90s involved
in a project - the Mondex bank cash card scheme - that depended on PKI,
and from 2000 in the use of smart cards (and soon other devices) in
ticketing for public transport.)

Peter