Data retention question

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Jul 17 19:08:23 BST 2014

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 16:44:41 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:

> In article <20140717133957.0000794c at surtees.fenrir.org.uk>, Brian
> Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> writes
> >It would be extremely sensible to make all the changes *before* the
> >bloody thing gets it 3rd reading wouldn't it?
>
> Who is making the changes, and why is the 3rd reading too late? Many
> of the important changes to RIPA were made at the very last
> opportunity; such seems to be the way things are done.

I assume you mean "just before the 3rd reading" because it's very soon
after it that a division is called. I have nothing against last minute
amendments per se, but I would prefer that there is a period of calm to
consider them fully rather than amending the Bill in a mad scramble.

--

Brian Morrison