Health Service Record Confidentiality

Adrian Midgley amidgley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 01:49:57 GMT 2014

It seems to be an article of faith, or something repeated often down a
hierarchy, that the NHS number is anonymous.

So the expectation I've observed is that the anonymous records will have an
identifier unique to the citizen or resident, and cross-referenceable to
their name by many people for many legitimate purposes.

It is possible that I've failed to comprehend the full cleverness of the
scheme of assurance of anonymity, and that there is more to it than
assurance.

--
Adrian Midgley   http://www.defoam.net/