Electronic money

Jon Ribbens jon+ukcrypto at unequivocal.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 14:37:31 GMT 2014

On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 08:20:15PM +0000, Nicholas Bohm wrote:
> On 03/12/2014 18:51, Jon Ribbens wrote:
> > Indeed, it appears that the courts do not necessarily actually accept
> > legal tender, so the concept appears to be utterly dead and buried
> > and of no meaning whatsoever anymore.
>
> This surprises me - do you have a source for it?

As well as what Frances said, this web page:

  https://www.gov.uk/pay-court-funds-office

suggests no ways of paying in money except by cheque, or - with
permission of the judge and arrangements in advance - electronic
transfer or banker's draft.

Apart from that I have only highly anecdotal reports of people being
told by the office at county courts that cash is not accepted, such as: