Bad security engineering kills project

William Heath wmheath at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 14:03:00 BST 2013

The suppliers on cross-government ID assurance were announced Monday
http://digital.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/2013/09/03/identity-assurance-first-delivery-contracts-signed/

As I understand it DWP decided some months ago to focus on UC just for new
claimants first. New claimants have a f2f interview at Job Centres anyway,
so online ID Assurance took something of a back seat among many pressing
priorities for them, but remained urgent across HMG. That's why GDS is now
the lead on it (ie GDS took over the contracts and the process from DWP).

In terms of function it might be relevant to look at the  draft privacy
principles for ID assurance. These are still open to consultation; the
deadline is a couple of weeks away -
http://digital.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/?s=ID+assurance+privacy+principles

William