security policy question

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Mar 5 19:04:45 GMT 2013

In article <2726F1030A5640F6B6BE98F3A5B1A3B2 at your41b8d18ede>, Tom
Thomson <colinthomson1 at o2.co.uk> writes
>I would be inclined to be a nuisance and insist on a change of wording:
>for example to somehing like "carried out under my personal password
>and code while that password and code are being used by me or with my
>consent."

But that doesn't cover situations like the OP leaving his password on a
post-it-note.

So you'd need to add "... or due to my negligence".

Which excludes those situations where the password is used as a result
of someone else's consent or negligence.

[I think both are possibilities, if the sysadmins for example release
the password as a result of a court order, or if the sysadmin leaves the
password on a post-it-not, and something bad happens later].