PRISM && Excited Guardianista

Caspar Bowden (lists) lists at casparbowden.net
Sat Jun 8 11:41:36 BST 2013

On 06/08/13 09:12, Roland Perry wrote:
> In article <51B23B6E.1010308 at casparbowden.net>, "Caspar Bowden (lists)"
> <lists at casparbowden.net> writes

>>> People were discussing these issues more than three years ago, at
>>> conferences I was attending.
>> Really ? FISAAA 2008 s.1881a (aka 702). Which conference(s) ?
> <http://www.coe.int/t/dghl/cooperation/economiccrime/cybercrime/Document
> s/Reports-Presentations/2079_reps_IF10_yvespoullet1b.pdf>

Well, this CoE stuff doesn't deal with "national security" matters,
doesn't mention FISA or FISAAA (or PAA) or comparble laws (to thes
extent there are any), and I was speaking at subsequent conferences
where two of the author's learned about the gruesome details of FISAAA
1881a from me (and were rather taken aback because it manifestly broke ECHR)

Aside form that, right on topic Roland

Caspar