BBC News - The 'cyber-attack' threat to London's Olympic ceremony

Peter Tomlinson pwt at iosis.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 11:59:36 BST 2013

That reminded me of a 28th June article in the Newsletter from Pinsent
Masons (Out-Law News):

http://www.out-law.com/en/articles/2013/june/always-on-culture-is-staggeringly-expensive-for-it-buyers-to-guarantee-says-expert/

Personally this is relevant in the context of smart media ticketing for
public transport, where there is talk of moving to an 'always on-line'
method instead of holding details in the card (or smartphone) and having
a complex ticket machine on the vehicle, at the station, etc. The card
will then just hold an ID token (so it could be a bank card).

Peter