Transaction history of Paywave cards

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Dec 14 19:14:19 GMT 2012

In article
<CAK0b=2c0V6rCoiKchAh-nNj4Tsw=NStBm-3WqEghk+Kg8NsVNg at mail.gmail.com>,
Tony Naggs <tony.naggs at googlemail.com> writes
>I'm sure the contactless credit cards have  transaction history, for
>fraud investigation & enforcing limits on the number of transaction
>without entering a PIN.
>I have not read the EMV standard for contactless cards, but that would
>contain details

I've read through a 200-page spec today and there's no mention of
writing anything to the card. Indeed, the card is allowed to be removed
from the RF field of the reader before the latter has even started to
authenticate the transaction, let alone in a postion to tell the card
that it's been successful.