sorry, but ...

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Aug 1 12:32:32 BST 2012

In article <0B7ABC756947493ABA3E20321026B1A1 at your41b8d18ede>, Tom
Thomson <colinthomson1 at o2.co.uk> writes
>> A message in a bottle is somewhat of a single thing that's sent, whereas
>> smoke signals are also communications, and surely must be considered as
>> having been sent long before the fire is put out and the final puff of
>> smoke emitted? In other words, it's one of those "flows" I keep
>> mentioning, where the reception takes place continuously rather than in
>> one "lump".
>
>There is a difference between the message having being sent and part of
>the message having been sent.

So a phone call hasn't happened until I put down the receiver? Remember,
this in the context of what RIPA prohibits someone intercepting. It's
laughable to suggest RIPA allows you to intercept a phone call up until
the phone is put down, on the grounds that it's not a "communication"
until the phone call is complete.