sorry, but ...

Adrian Midgley amidgley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 08:34:47 BST 2012

On 29 July 2012 14:32, Peter Fairbrother <zenadsl6186 at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> The RIPA word is "communication" not message (my fault), and I do not think
> the communication (as opposed to the packets or bits) is received until it
> has all reached some destination.

Perhaps a divergence, but I suspect the people making and interpreting
these rules may be similar to those in a local bureacracy who were
surprised when I remarked that their letters saying

"We contacted X but received no reply"

would better be phrased as "we wrote a letter to X...."

IE the bureaucrat assumes that an action by them with no feedback of
successful reception is a communication rather than a bottle thrown
into the sea in the hope of a favourable current and an interested
person on a far off beach - that communication is something they do
rather than a handshake and exchange.

--
Adrian Midgley   http://www.defoam.net/