Adult content blocks on mobile ISPs

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Mar 7 11:55:36 GMT 2011

In article <F4686C31-8122-4C4C-BFCF-F1B6BB28F162 at batten.eu.org>, Ian
Batten <igb at batten.eu.org> writes
>My children have on several occasions been sent home with the
>instruction to look up some webpage on the grounds that the school's
>filtering (which appears to be broad-brush by the LEA for everything
>from KS1 to A Level) blocks it.

I know a little about this, and agree that it's very unlikely to ever
take account of the age of individual children in a school (or indeed
'in education' if the same thing is supplied to all schools). How can
it, as the design is either metaphorically a firewall box in the Head's
study, or the functional equivalent of that in the network.