Reporting scam emails to Met Police

Peter Sommer peter at pmsommer.com
Sun Dec 4 07:45:44 GMT 2011

The cyber security strategy document published on 25 November shows the
longer term aims of the NCSP:

4.33 In parallel we are taking action to make sure that it is simple and
straightforward for members of the public to report cyber crimes. Of
course this should include being able to do so online.
4.34 Over half of all police forces already provide a facility for the
public to report crime online, though these range from basic systems for
certain crime types to fully integrated crime reporting tools. We will
support forces to move to full online crime reporting by helping them
identify good practice.
4.35 People are already encouraged to report fraud, including cyber
fraud, through the internet, using the Action Fraud tool. We will make
it easier for people to do this by improving its accessibility and
functionality. Crime reports can currently take up to 30 minutes to
complete online. We will aim to reduce that time by a half.
4.36 As well as allowing the police to follow up directly on individual
crimes, better reporting will help build our intelligence picture
through the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau, improving the targeting
of enforcement resources and feeding into crime prevention advice.

These are, of course,ambitions...

Peter Sommer