Facebook/Twitter etc "bans"

Andrew Cormack Andrew.Cormack at ja.net
Sun Aug 14 17:03:45 BST 2011

If I'm reading it correctly RIPA s22(4)(a) may allow the police to order future collection of traffic data (but not content): "if the operator is not already in possession of the data, to obtain the data". I've never heard of that power being used, so maybe I've misunderstood and it just refers to fetching existing comms data from somewhere else?

Andrew