Facebook/Twitter etc "bans"

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Aug 12 08:38:48 BST 2011

In article <A8078455-A9F4-4DF2-A4C7-C3F27D65C008 at batten.eu.org>, Ian
Batten <igb at batten.eu.org> writes
>I don't think the idea was that it would be a punishment, rather than
>it would done preemptively on areas, or groups, or something before
>matters kicked off.

Sounds like a classic "white hat" vs "black hat" exercise. Switch off
the guys with black hats and leave those with white hats to go about
their business as normal.

We've seen this before when it comes to people trying to pretend they
are over 18, or pretend they are under 18 (for different reasons, of
course). If only you could reliably sort people into the right
hat-wearing group it'd be simple.