RBS and HSBC using Rapport any advice or opinions?

Peter Sommer peter at pmsommer.com
Thu Oct 28 07:27:31 BST 2010

I found it pretty kludgy - on the XP system where I had it installed it
left a whole series of processes which didn't close down properly when I
went through a regular close down of XP itself - a succession of windows
appeared and you had to terminate the processes manually.

In terms of your liability if you don't use it - you have an obligation
to exercise reasonable care but it is not for the banks to tell you how
specifically to exercise it,  particularly as I strongly suspect that
Rapport themselves are not guaranteeing either to you or the bank that
if you deploy its product they will in all circumstances make good any
loss you incure through fraud.

Peter Sommer