Verfied by Visa finally gets outed

Nicholas Bohm nbohm at ernest.net
Wed Oct 20 11:30:06 BST 2010

 On 19/10/2010 19:26, Francis Davey wrote:

> On 19 October 2010 19:05, James Firth <james2 at jfirth.net
> <mailto:james2 at jfirth.net>> wrote:
>

>     > Is that the new Banking Code, which someone told me yesterday
>     most of
>     > the non-state-owned banks are failing to ratify? Or something else.
>
>     No it's legislation enacted in November 2009(?) who's title
>     escapes me. I
>     know Nicolas Bohm has mentioned it in the past on this list.  I'll
>     have to
>     dig it out.
>

> Regulation 61 of the Payment Services Regulations 2009:
>
> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2009/209/regulation/61/made
>
> (see: lawyers are some use 8-).

It's worth noting that this makes no material change to the law as it
stood before.  But it may still help, as the FSA seems to think it's
reflects a change, and perhaps some banks think the same.  And it gives
the customer something easy to point to.

Nicholas
--
Contact and PGP key here <http://www.ernest.net/contact/index.htm>